Mr. Burney, ITT Framingham
The test contains 23 total problems, all of equal weight. Some of the problems are word problems, others involve figures, and others just equations.
The test counts for 20% of your final grade in the mathematics course. Do not begin to study on Thursday night!
The review sheet below covers most of the topics covered on the test, but doesn't resemble the actual test.
The test does include a few things not really gone over in class or in the book. *
The sample problems below cover many of the types found in the midterm. The answers to the review can be found in a separate document.
1) Solve the following for x:
2) The formula h = 16t2 gives the height in feet a body falls (h) from rest in a time (t) in seconds. If the time is 3 seconds, how far does the body fall?
3) A Fryolator can cook 7 lbs of fries in 4 minutes. Assuming the same rate, how many pounds of fries can be cooked in 14 minutes?
4) What is the compression ratio of a piston whose minimum compression is 12 cc and whose maximum expansion is 145 cc?
5) Multiply or divide the following:
6) If a snail moves 0.5 m in one minute, how far can it move in a day? Express your answer in scientific notation.
7) In the figure below, lines AB and CD are parallel. If angle d measure 115°, find the other angles in the figure. Give two examples of supplementary and complementary angles.
8) In the figure below, find the cross-sectional area and the perimeter of the cross section.
All Contents Copyright © Burney Web Services, 1999-2002. All Rights Reserved.