Mr. Burney, ITT Framingham
The test contains 33 total problems, all of equal weight. Some of the problems involve figures, and others just equations.
The test counts for 20% of your final grade in the mathematics course. Do not begin to study on Tuesday night!
The review sheet below covers most of the topics covered on the test, but doesn't resemble the actual test.
The sample problems below cover many of the types found in the midterm. The answers to the review can be found in a separate document.
1) Convert 23° to radians
2) Convert 1.3 p radians to degrees.
3) Find the sine, cosine and tangent for a right triangle with an adjacent side of 15 an opposite side of 19 and a hypotenuse of 24.21.
4) Solve the following triangle:
5) Solve the following triangle:
6) Find the area of the above triangle.
7) Add the following vectors. 15 at 36° and 17 at 123°
8) Given the following two points: (-3,4) and (5,2) find:
- The distance between them
- The slope of a line connecting them
- An equation for that line in point slope form.
- An equation for that line in slope intercept form.
9) Graph the line from above.
10) Solve for x:
3x = 27 log 7 1356 = x
All Contents Copyright © Burney Web Services, 1999-2002. All Rights Reserved.